The foundation of SESMA is the mapping of the residents' transport behavior in a municipality where the population density is considerably lower than in Swedish big cities. One of Sweden's transport policy goals is to provide a sustainable transport supply throughout Sweden, including cities outside the metropolitan areas. Autonomous, shared, electric vehicles (ADEF) exist and it is a fact that they will be used and coexist with other traffic shortly. There are a number of both commercial and scientific experiments with the technology as such. But unless the potential users' mobility behavior is open to such solutions, the self-driving technique risks becoming a support for the traditional driver / owner rather than opening up a changed mobility behavior.
SESMA's purposes are:
- to investigate and map individuals' existing mobility habits and their perceptions and experiences of automated, electrically driven and shared driving in practice
- to support Trollhättan City in their strategy and planning for Agenda 2030
- Through citizen dialogues and co-creation of services and applications, the acceptance of sharing economy and smart mobility increases
Residents become co-creators of services that will improve accessibility and the environment in the surrounding society. SESMA places particular emphasis on the selection of participants at this stage when we want to generate a broad spectrum of perspectives on mobility based on age, gender, family situation, ethnicity, functional variation and basic attitude to technology and change.
SESMA's goal is to produce:
- A validated business model for manufacturers of connecting, autonomous, powered and shared vehicles
- Guidelines for urban planning for conversion to smart mobility in Trollhattan City
- Demonstrators of digital applications that support sharing economy and smart mobility in the cities of Trollhättan's size
- The description of the service that supports the sharing economy
SESMA's players, individually and jointly, have built up an international network of contacts where there will be an active exchange of knowledge.